Friday, October 10, 2008

Graham Cracker "Conference" Muffins

When it comes to TRADITIONS...it seems like FOOD is present more often then not!
That is especially true of this recipe in my family.
Every General Conference Sunday my mom prepares a Breakfast/Brunch in between the two sessions. This tradition actually started when my mom was in college. She and her roommates every conference would make graham cracker muffins and cheese eggs. And now for 31 years my mom has continued this tradition. I love it! Our breakfast comes with the graham cracker muffins, cheese eggs, bacon and sausage, and a cold glass of OJ!
What a fun tradition, and good time to be together and enjoy food and inspiration!


Graham Cracker "Conference" Muffins

INGREDIENTS:

1 Cup Sugar

1 1/2 Cups Flour

6 Graham Crackers, Crushed {6 FULL grahams}

3 teaspoons Baking Powder

1/4 teaspoon Salt

1/4 Cup Shortening

1 Egg

1 Cup Milk

DIRECTIONS:

Combine dry ingredients.

Cut shortening into dry ingredients with pastry cutter {or 2 knives}.

Add eggs and milk and mix only until combined.

Fill muffin tins with baking papers, or grease muffin tins.

Fill cups 2/3rds full.

Bake at 350* for 15-18 minutes.

{I hope you can enjoy this recipe as much as it has been for the past 31 years!}

2 comments:

The Wells Family said...

I've known you for this long and I NEVER knew about this? Crazy! We are all about adding new traditions to out life...we just might have to try this one. :)

leah said...

Megs (and Carson) I didnt know you had a food blog. YUM! I am going to give some of these recipes a try. Thanks