Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fried Rice

I got this Recipe off of Good Things Utah (http://www.abc4.com/) If you like Benihana's rice you will love this! Its one of our family Favorites.

Nicea's Fried Rice
Soy Sauce
3 Scrambled Eggs
2 Carrots (finely chopped)
1/2 White Onion(finely chopped)
3/4 Cups Frozen Peas
!/2 Cup Butter
1 to 2 Garlic cloves (crushed) or 1 tsp Garlic Powder
2 Cups white rice (not instant)
Marinate chicken in soy sauce, if you don't have time mic it with chicken before cooking. Cook chicken in a small amount of cooking oil once cooked add carrots, onions and saute until clear then add frozen peas cook until soft. in another pan scramble eggs (chop finely) then add to mixture
Melt 1/2 cup butter add crushed garlic cloves stir. When rice is cooked and done add to rice.
Mix all ingredients together add soy sauce to taste
and Enjoy
Tips
* I use a rice cooker and I do about 5-6 cups rice and double all the veggies and chicken
* I use 1 cup butter because I love the flavor.
* start by cooking your rice first.

1 comments:

Jennybug said...

This one looks really good, I will let you know when I try it!!! Keep them coming!!!