Saturday, May 3, 2008

Waffles


My family loves home made waffles its a Sunday treat.

So here is a Recipe we just love!



Waffles


1 1/2 cups Flour
3 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Sugar
2 Cups milk
2 Eggs
1/2 cup Oil

Mix all day ingredients then add milk, oil and egg yoke, in a separate bowl whip egg whites till fluffy and form soft peeks then fold into waffle batter.

Tips

* For a healthier choice you can use Whole Wheat Flour and Olive Oil.
* The recipe works best with Whole Milk they fluff up better but you can also use
1 cup Skim milk and 1 cup Half and Half if you don't have whole milk.
*You can also add a little vanilla if you like.
*I like to double my recipe and freeze the waffles in freezer bags for my kids.

Recipe From Kathy

3 comments:

Melissa said...

This is such a fun blog, I love trying new recipes!

Karen said...

Love your new blog, can't wait to try all the fun recipes!!!

Jennybug said...

Fun Blog Carson! I love this waffle recipe! It is a really good one, it makes me think of growing up. Sadly, I am usually to lazy, and just let the kids make the Bisquick recipe. It is definitely not as good. Maybe I will have to sneak over to your house on Sunday!